layout

Monday, April 5, 2010

On the Hunt...



Ok, so I am the Mommy to 2 very precious boys that I love dearly but I have no idea how to make them both happy at the same time. Usually, things are fine in our happy little home but then last week, the unthinkable happened....

We came home one day from the grocery store and my boys, we will call them Dictator Chris (he is constantly trying to overthrow my power but has yet to succeed!) and Tyrant Xander(He joined the dictatorship when I refused him Chocolate Milk after he had 3 cups in a row one day) picked up the TV remote, pushed power and nothing happened... Power light came on but no picture and no sound. So, of course nothing like this has happened to me before and I was confused. I checked everything and made sure it was plugged in, and tried a couple of diffrent outlets not realizing how crazy that was because the power light came on so it obviously had power. So, there we were, all standing around staring at the TV. I dont know what they were thinking but I knew this was bad news!

And then, I remembered the warranty! What a lifesaver! Problem solved, no worries! So I get the warranty out and call it in for service and guess what? They say they will mail me out a prepaid mailing label so I can pack it up, mail it to the service center and wait 60-90 days for a repair or replacement?!?!?!

So, to the point of this post. I had to really figure out something to keep my boys happy and busy. SO I checked around online and I found this really neat website.

http://www.geocaching.com/

I dont know all of the specifics yet but here is the shortened Wikipedia definition to give you an idea...

Geocaching is a project organized by Groundspeak. Participants use GPS to hide and seek containers anywhere in the world. Basically high tech Hide and seek.

So I was sold on it and our first Geocaching expedition will be this weekend as long as weather permits and I hope it does. Im even a little excited and my boys are counting the days down!

I hope you try this out and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment